"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Big Day!

Today, Ben, Conner, and I took a drive over to Anamosa to the Jones County Courthouse so the guys could take their behind the wheel tests to get their drivers license! This was the last step before getting their license and we have definitely been dragging our feet a bit due to the fact that the boys haven't been all that interested in practicing their driving skills lately. But, we decided that the only way to get over this last obstacle was just to make an appointment and see what happens! It was almost immediately postponed when I discovered that the insurance card for the car was not in the glove box, where I thought it was! I made a quick call to the insurance company and they were able to email me a new one right away, so we proceeded with the appointments. The man they had to drive with was very nice and he took Ben first. Ben looked back at me as he was leaving the building and I saw his 3 year old toddler face when he would get scared! It was a hard moment, but Ben came back 15 minutes later smiling and the man driving with him gave me a thumbs up! He passed!!! Then it was Conner's turn and he made sure to give me the similar look of fear as he walked away from me. I had a few tears because I really didn't know if we could pull off two kids passing that driving test, but another 15 minutes went by and I was met with another smile and thumbs up! Conner passed!!! I was so excited for them! Our guys have their drivers license... I still can't believe it! 





 

No comments: