- We made it through 2011 without having to call 911 even once! We did have a few hospital visits, but no ambulance rides, so that is definitely a step in the right direction!
- Every morning that I am awakened at 5:30 am by screaming children, furniture scraping along the floor, and objects being thrown out of their room, I try and remind myself that someday I won't even be able to get them out of bed... and then I think that this might be just as annoying...
- My family continues to sustain and support me completely... Thank you for that...
- I told myself a long time ago that I would never get tired of being called Mommy... and I have stuck to that... even on the days when all I hear all day long is "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mom, MOM, Mommy, MOMMY... you get the idea!
- I have realized that kids are always cuter in jammies. If they happen to be asleep while in said jammies, even better...
- The picture in my head of how my life is "supposed" to be, keeps getting fuzzier... and I realize more everyday that that's okay!
- Having two wild sons makes me appreciate being still every once in a while. So, don't take my inaction as laziness, I'm just enjoying the moment...
- People continue to surprise me on a daily basis... especially my babies!
- There's something that has been bothering me lately so I'm just going to say it... I've known people who have a seemingly perfect life where everything they plan actually happens right when they want it to, that's great for them. But for most of us, that's just not how it works and that's okay. My life is different than yours.... I have everything I never knew I always wanted. I'm one of the lucky ones and I wouldn't change a thing. So, remember that even if your plans don't work out how you would have liked them to, you might just be in for the greatest joy of your life...
- As always, I wish that time would slow down.
- When we decided to build a new house, we constantly had people telling us (most jokingly) that it was a sure way to get a divorce! All the decisions pile up and it is just too much for some people. Nick and I have been through way worse... the great thing about our past heartaches is that they made us stronger and much better prepared for our future!
- I wish that I could remind myself each and every morning to not "sweat the small stuff." I still spend way too much time worrying....but hey, we all need something to work on, right?!
- The best thing about another year is that I get to watch my boys grow up more and discover all kinds of new things! Man, I love you guys so much!
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Some thoughts to end the year...
Friday, December 30, 2011
We met with the electrician this morning at the new house, so we got to walk around inside! We are loving it!!! We got to snap some pictures of some of the rooms, but since it was such a dreary day, there wasn't a whole lot of light!
The first two pictures are of the boys' new rooms...
The boys' bathroom and then our bathroom (I think...)
Our spacious new living room...
And some pictures of the basement...
It was great to walk around inside today and feel like it is really going to be ours!
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
The boys' first priority at home was getting Dad to put together their new work bench! Next on the list was their new train, which Ben is absolutely convinced is exclusively his... (He refuses to let Conner touch any of the train cars most of the time!) Our house was already too small... now it's just tiny with all the new stuff!
On Tuesday Nick and I made our way to Conrad to celebrate Christmas with the Hedlunds! Ben and Conner had already hitched a ride there in the morning with Nick's mom who came all the way to CR to get them so I could rest... (I kinda had a little heart problem going on which earned me a trip to the ER on Monday, but I am starting to feel much better...) Being able to recooperate a bit on Tuesday really helped! (Big thanks to Mama for offering to take them, doing all that driving, and entertaining them all day!) Anyway, so when we got to Conrad, the boys were pretty excited that they got to open more presents and that they had gotten to spend the whole day with their cousins!
We had a great dinner, got spoiled with lots of presents, and had another wonderful Christmas celebration! A few pictures the next day and it was time to head home again...
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Monday, December 26, 2011
Now that my side of the family has unwrapped all of our Christmas gifts, I can share some very cute photos of my sons and niece together that made excellent gifts! My sister's sister-in-law took some amazing photos for us! 3 pretty cute kids... (if I do say so myself...)
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Does it get any better than Christmas morning??!!! I love watching my kids' faces as they walk into that room full of presents! Their eyes light up and their squeals of delight are the happiest sounds I have ever heard!
Again, they were amazed that Santa ate their cookies and drank the milk, but Conner was a little confused because there was one cookie left... why didn't Santa eat them all???
After all the packages had been opened, it was time to think about Christmas dinner! Ben was hilarious.. apparently he was really hungry because he went out to the dining room, sat in his chair, and waited for Nana to bring all the yummy food in!
After a very filling lunch, a nap was imperative for half of our group. The evening was spent playing with all the new toys!
A few more Christmas cookies and it's almost time for bed!
It is hard to believe, but with each new year, Christmas just keeps getting better and better!
Saturday, December 24, 2011
After Nick got off work on Christmas Eve, we headed to Bettendorf to stay with Nana and Gramps. The traveling was a lot different than last year! Last Christmas Eve, we were a little worried about even making it to Bettendorf with all the snow that day! This year, with no snow, the traveling was not nearly as stressful, but, I must say, it would have been nice to have some snow on the ground for Christmas! After church, we took our yearly photos and indulged in all the holiday activities that make being together so much fun!
Gramps, Conner, and Ben check on the computer to see where Santa is on his longest night of the year...