"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, June 18, 2018

Swimming Lessons...

Today was the first day of swimming lessons for the summer. I was surprised that Ben was in level 4 while Conner had been moved to level 5, which happens to meet in the deep end... Conner must have moved up a level during the week that he went through school because I had no clue. Level 5 is an advanced level that meets at different times and has a longer lesson. He must not have known that he was in level 5 either because he got pretty nervous and insisted that he wasn't ready for 5 yet! So even though I was a little worried about the same thing, I convinced him that he could do it and everything would be fine! He amazed me and he did just fine in 12 feet of water. He was able to swim and tread water. He even practiced diving a bit! He ended the lesson with some coughing after swallowing some water on his way back up to the surface after a very nice dive, but he was pretty proud of himself. I was just amazed and I loved watching him! Ben also did great this morning! He listened really well and as soon as he gets his side stroke to look a bit more natural, he will be joining Conner in the deep end!






No comments: