"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Tears...

Yep... I knew it would come... the tears... Tomorrow I have to drive my babies over to school and leave them there for two and a half hours! I must admit that I have been looking forward to school not only because they will absolutely love it, but it will also give me a nice break! (and most days I need a break!) But now that it is here, I am anxious, nervous, sad, probably all the things that all moms feel when they have to take their kids to school for the first time. I am scared for them, scared for me, and a little scared of what this school year will bring us... I just want to keep them with me... Life changes so fast... It's okay to be emotional right now I keep telling myself because I have been informed (by my hilarious husband) that when we take the boys to school tomorrow, it is a "cry-free zone!" We'll just see about that! I am off to look at their baby pictures now... I'm serious... I really am!

Our baby Ben...
Our little Conner...
To my boys (whenever you are able to read this!) I want you to know that I will truly miss our mornings together everyday. I joke about how much work you are, but I hope you know that I wouldn't have things any other way! I love being home with you and I would do it forever if I could! Tomorrow is an important day for us all. I love you more than I could ever express in words...
Ben, you are a carefree energetic little man! You are going to love being able to be more independent and making new friends! You are going to do great things because you are so friendly, eager, smart, and pretty darn cute too.
Conner, you have such a tremendous desire to learn about new things and I know that you will be so excited to be in school where you can learn and experience all kinds of new things everyday! Your curiousity and your ability to charm everyone around you will take you far!
I love you guys... Good luck to us all tomorrow!

No comments: