"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Update!

We have been so busy lately, I at least wanted to post something so everyone knows that we are still here!!! We really needed to update the outside of our house, so Papa and Grandma came over last weekend and helped us get started. The bad pieces of siding have been replaced so now we are starting to sand, prime, paint, etc. I thought that the painting would go a little bit faster than it has been... but I forgot to factor in the two 3 year olds here who insist that they still need all of our attention! Last night, we tried to just paint some on the back of the house so the boys could play in the backyard. They both whined and cried most of the time because Mom and Dad were busy and not playing with them! It's harder to leave them in the front yard since Conner has discovered that (apparently) it is very fun to run away from Mom and see how far he can get before I catch him... the little stinker is pretty quick! Ben is just happy to help but if he doesn't have a job to do, he will let the neighborhood know how unhappy he is!

School is going great! They both still love it and I love when they bring home pictures that they've colored or painted at school. When I ask them what they did at school that day, Conner usually just starts talking in his own little language that I have yet to understand completely! Ben will usually say "had fun!" So I will ask him what he did that was fun and he will usually say "I don't know" with a huge grin on his face! I am adjusting to not having them around most of the morning. Truthfully, I am enjoying the extra time to run errands and do things around the house. It frees me up to do more things in the evening with all my boys!

So there's a quick update! Pictures coming soon!

No comments: