"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

From our darkened room...

Well... it has been a while since our last hospital adventure so I guess we're due... Ben was really struggling to breathe well this morning so I took him to our doctor who told us that we needed to get to the hospital! His pulse ox was in the 85-89 range and that's not good. So Ben and I have spent our day here at our favorite hospital... I was hoping that we wouldn't have to spend the night but no such luck. Ben is doing a lot better though and he is sleeping peacefully now! (As is Nick who is currently snoring on the couch next to Ben's bed!) Again, I am touched by all the support we have around us. Thank you Peg and Brian for taking care of our Conner so we could both be with our Ben tonight. Thank you to our moms and dads who were ready to drop everything to come here and help us out. We are truly lucky... I love being able to say that when we are in the middle of a struggle... I feel like nothing can keep us down! Not even the power outage we are experiencing right at this moment at the hospital! Not kidding... power is coming from backup generators that are powering all the monitors and some of the lights! Amazing dumb luck...

So I am sitting here in our darkened room watching my son sleep and thanking God that I am able to watch Ben's tummy move up and down as it should when he breathes. That I can watch the numbers on his monitors stay in the ranges that they're supposed to. That I can listen to Ben take a breath so easily. That despite Ben's sickness, he had no seizures today. And that I can still feel lucky in our darkened hospital room... The great thing about days like this is knowing that there are a lot of better days to come...

No comments: