"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Graduation" Day 2012!

Conner and Ben were ready for graduation this morning as I knew they would be!  I think they were just excited to be singing and they didn't really realize that after today, there would be no school for the summer!  It was so hard to decide what pictures and videos to put on here today (I have lots and lots more!)  Many of the videos were too long to put on here so we will have to share those when we see everyone.  We had an awesome morning and I still can't believe that school is out and my guys will be turning 5 this summer.  Time keeps on flying by...



















The classes sang about 5 songs after they received their picture DVDs and hugs from their teachers!


I put this one in here so you could see Conner reach up and push the button on the wall which subsequently lowered a white screen which got almost down to the kids' heads before one of the teachers pushed the button again to raise it back up!  That's our ConMan....




Ben and Miss Amy...








Conner and Miss Cyndi...

The boys will certainly miss their teachers and associates!  Their teachers have told me that they want to take the boys to the pool this summer.  They are two amazing women!  After graduation and singing, it was time for some cookies and punch!  Then... it was time to go... as I said before, I don't think they were ready for it to be over and they were sad for a bit when we left the school building, especially Ben... he kept asking to go back...

Summer is officially here!  I joke about what a challenge it might be with my two little guys all summer, but I wouldn't have it any other way!  We are going to have so much fun!  We won't be rushing around to get ourselves together in the morning.  We can (hopefully) just take it easy and slow our pace so we can enjoy every summer day that we have!  I see lots of sprinkler days, park outings, and soccer in the backyard in our future!

It struck me today, watching them, how much they have grown up in this past year...

Conner... you rarely let us get away with telling you to do something without questioning us!  You continue to be so curious about everything and everyone and you rarely let someone pass you in the hallway without telling them hello!  You amaze us with your intelligence and your ability to notice all the little things!  You have, however, developed a bit of a potty mouth so we will need to work on that!  I love that you are still so caring and loving toward everyone!  And, I even love that you continue to be quite the "stinker" at times... like today, when you lowered the screen while everyone was singing!  You definitely let us know how you are feeling all the time!  People always tell me how cute and sweet you are! I am so proud of everything that you have accomplished this past year.  You are really sticking to your rock star image and I love that.  You make me laugh and I just love you so much! 

My Ben... you continue to be our fearless little daredevil!  You have grown into such a caring 4 year old and people often tell me how great of a helper you are.  You love to make people feel better when they are sad and I hope you hold on to that skill as you grow!  You take such pride in your accomplishments now and I can see how much it means to you to impress your mom and dad!  I adore watching you play outside because you have this look of freedom on your face that cannot be duplicated.  You are in your element there and you definitely don't let too many days go by without a newly skinned knee or elbow.  You continue to go 100 miles a minute... maybe this summer we can work on slowing down a bit?!  Life will never be dull for you!  Watching you today, belting out your songs, I was so proud of you! You have accomplished so much this past year.  I love you so much! 

The boys will be doing another year of preschool next year, since they have those July birthdays.  And then on to kindergarten after that....  I am not even going to think about that yet... 

No comments: