"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

To the ER...

About 40 minutes after we got home from our Omaha trip, we had to make another little trip... to the ER!  I was unpacking and Nick called to tell me that Conner had fallen off his bike and would need help getting home.  (They were riding around the football field at the high school!)  So I drove over to see how our little guy was.  When I got close enough to see Conner, I could see that his face was covered in blood and he was crying so I got him loaded up in the van and we headed home to survey the damage.  When I got his face cleaned up a little, we could tell that the cut by his eye was going to need more than a band-aid and a kiss from Mommy to make it better.  Of course, with it being Labor Day and all, the Urgent Cares were all closed.  (Apparently you are not supposed to get sick or injured on a holiday...)  So, our only option was to make the trip over to St. Lukes to see if our little ConMan was going to need some stitches.  As is usually the case, we had to wait forever to be seen, but when we were able to see the doctor, he thought that he would be able to close the wound with some glue and that it would not require any stitches.  I was beyond relieved.  Since we had been there, Conner had kept asking me "no owies, right?"  I tried not to answer because I was really concerned that he would need stitches, but finally I could say "Nope, no owies!!!"  So the first picture is in the ER when they were trying to stop the bleeding and dry everything up so they could put the glue and bandages on!  The second picture was taken Tuesday morning and the third was taken this morning.  He definitely has a nice black eye forming today!  So, despite all the drama, we were just thankful that Conner didn't need any stitches!!!
 

No comments: