"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bunny Trouble...

The Easter Bunny was at Nick's store today so I was considering taking the boys over to see him.  I asked the boys while we were having breakfast if they would like to go visit the Easter Bunny and they both told me "NO!"  So over the next few hours, I asked them several more times and they both eventually said that they would like to go.  However, by the time we were ready to go, Conner was having an absolute fit, saying, "I am NOT going! I'm putting my foot down! I am NOT going!"  (I don't know where he got the whole "I'm putting my foot down" thing.  I can't think of one time that I have ever said this...)  Anyway, so I got both boys in the van and drove over to Dad's store.  Sure enough, when they caught sight of that bunny, neither one wanted anything to do with him.  I'm not sure why....  I kept asking them why they didn't want to see the Easter Bunny and no one ever really gave me a good reason...  (They both told me they felt shy at one point!)  Finally, Conner gave in and went to sit next to the Easter Bunny for a picture.  But our Ben, oh no... he maintained his strong anti-bunny stance and would not even entertain the idea of standing in the vicinity of that bunny.  It was awesome...  So glad we got such a cute picture of Conner! The trip did not go as I had planned, but it was a little funny that the boys put up such a stink.  In the moment, when I was standing there in the store, watching both boys yell and scream, and refuse to have their picture taken... not so funny then.  But after the event, I had a good giggle with Nick at how strong-willed our babies are becoming.  I adore them!  And I do love this picture of Conner!
 
 

No comments: