"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Different Kind of Staple...

On Saturday evening, the four of us were sitting around, being lazy.  We finally decided to go play some Wii so we headed downstairs and Nick started setting everything up and the boys gathered all the remotes.  As Ben was speeding by the coffee table, he fell and hit his head on the corner of the table.  He got right back up and was crying so I sat with him for a minute before I inspected the damage... unfortunately when I saw where his head had collided with the table, I knew we were going to need some assistance!  So I told Nick we needed to go upstairs and decide what to do. (I also didn't want Conner flipping out if he saw Ben's head bleeding.)  We decided that I would take Ben to the ER.  Ben was so incredibly brave!  The doctor did use 5 staples to help close Ben's cut on his head and Ben barely even shed a tear.  It was pretty amazing!  It all happened so fast that I don't think Ben even knew what the doctor was doing!  The first picture is Ben at the ER.  The second is Ben and Dad after we got home on Saturday night and the third is a picture of Ben's staples!  It's not too gross... but feel free not to look... ( I don't like to!)  The trick will be getting Ben to leave his head alone until we go get the staples taken out in 10 days.  Hopefully Ben's head will heal up nicely!  This was our first incident resulting in "staples".... it would be great if it was our last...





No comments: