"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Scheme...

There are a few toys in our house that basically live in  my closet because they get taken away so frequently.  You'd think at some point, I would just get rid of them...  Anyway, one such toy is a plastic pirate sword.  The boys haven't touched it for months and months.  Well, this morning, as I was trying to squeeze in a few more minutes of shut eye, Ben found that sword in my closet and decided that he needed it.. so he took it.  When I asked him about it, he told me he found it in his closet.  About 30 minutes later, he confessed that he had actually found it in my closet.  Anyway, in the meantime (as usual) I had taken the sword away.  So, we talked about being honest and since the sword had already been taken away, I let Ben and Conner know that the sword would be gone for a while.  A little later, I was sitting at the kitchen table trying to come up with a grocery list and I heard a conversation between my two boys as they were huddled behind the couch...

Conner: Okay Ben, I am going to try to find that sword. You have to go distract Mom.  Go do your dance.
Ben: Okay.
(Keep in mind that although they are huddled behind the couch, they are not whispering!)  So, Ben comes over to me and starts dancing.  Conner starts to leave the room, so I ask him where he is going...
Conner: I don't know! Come here Ben.
Ben goes back over to Conner where Conner, again, tells him to distract me...
At that point, I put an end to their little plan....

Little schemers...  We have always said that Conner will be the one to come up with the plan and Ben will be the one to try to carry it out!!!  So far, we are right!

No comments: