"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Angel Food...

This blog requires a little back story...  So, on Friday, we took a family trip to HyVee to get some groceries.  Always a great time.  There are two items of note from this trip.  One is that we purchased an angel food cake from the bakery.  We haven't had angel food forever and Nick thought it sounded great so we got that and some strawberries to have for dessert sometime this weekend.  I made him promise that he would figure out how to make a yummy glaze for the cake, however, since we couldn't find one at the store.  The second important thing is that Ben somehow managed to smuggle some items into his cart that we didn't see until the cashier was ringing them up.  (I mean he really smuggled them... usually I can see everything in their carts, but these items were hidden beneath other things.)  The items Ben managed to get past us were a can of pringles, a container of chocolate syrup and two blocks of cream cheese...  I have no clue why he opted for these food items. When asked later, he replied that he wanted to cook something with them...

So, on Saturday night, we all decided that we wanted some of that angel food cake.  As promised, Nick found a recipe for a glaze that looked like it would be great on the cake.  He started getting out the ingredients and we went back and forth about what should go into this icing.  Meanwhile, Conner very seriously says, "I know why we're having angel food cake... because Great Grandma is an angel now!"  We started talking about how my grandma used to make angel food and her icing was the best.  I was thinking about how thankful I am to have those memories, and Ben, with perfect comedic timing goes, "Well, if you guys need some cream cheese for that icing, I have some in the fridge!"  Love my guys...

No comments: