"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Brave Heart...

I was feeling brave this morning so I ventured to Target with my monsters, by myself. I really try to never have to do this because it is so chaotic but we needed a change of scenery by 8:15 this morning! We made it into the store okay and then they took off! So I became the crazy lady who's yelling for her kids in the middle of the store. Once I rounded them up, we dealt with the cart issue. They obviously couldn't walk beside me... so I decided to go for one of the big carts that has two seats on it... They pretty much stayed in their seat belts (which were of course broken) until the end of the trip when Ben realized it was much more fun to stand up. I think I will go back to avoiding shopping trips for just the 3 of us...

On the way home, we stopped at a nearby park to play for a little while. Another hard task since I can't follow both of them around constantly. They want to climb on the equipment that's too big for them, they want to run away from each other, and I'm pretty sure that they really wanted to see me have some kind of mental breakdown so we stayed for about 20 min. and then headed back home. (Ben cried the entire time... which was pretty fun too...)

When we first got to the park Conner was loving the bumblebee...



Ben apparently was not satisfied with the ladybug...



They loved going down the slide though! I tried to get a picture of them sitting at the top of this double slide but... well you know how it goes!



At least I feel semi productive and it was nice to get out of the house! Now... what to do this afternoon...?

1 comment:

The Langfalds... said...

And you got a blog post out of the adventure, too! That's what I always say after a "hectic" adventure..."at least it'll make for a funny memory on the blog".

You're brave! And I bet the boys loved every second of it!