"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Potty Update... grrr...

Potty Training... I don't have the words to express my tremendous dislike for this activity... I was determined to give the guys a crash course in using the potty this past weekend and I am still trying, but they just don't give a hoot about it! (I have the cutest pictures of them in their big boy undies, but I can't get over the inappropriateness of putting a picture of my sons in their underwear on the internet, so I will keep those to myself for now...!)

For a few hours each day, they wore their undies. I think we had a total of 3 "accidents" in the last two days! I was actually expecting a lot more, so I was pleasantly surprised. However, neither boy actually used the potty successfully... they chose instead (I guess) to hold it!!!! Unbelievable! I apparently wasn't hydrating them enough because they both would go for over two hours without having to actually go potty. They did sit on the potties a lot so we at least got the dust cleaned off of them! Hopefully we can continue to do this when we are at home and use the pullups for when we are out and about...

I am frustrated, but determined!!! We will figure out this whole potty training thing yet... someday...

No comments: