"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Remember...

Some random things I want to remember from the last couple of days:

The other night I took a risk and made cheeseburger soup for dinner. Ben LOVED it! He ate it all by himself and even asked for more!!! (that never happens...) After he was done, he looked at us and very politely said "cookie, please!"

I found Conner in Ben's bed again last night at about 11:00pm. This is becoming a pattern...

Tonight after Ben finished eating his dinner, and then some pudding, he wanted more so he was eating some crackers. After every handful of crackers he ate, he would lift up his shirt and poke at his tummy as if to see if it was full enough yet!

We had to make a trip to the doctor this morning because I really didn't feel well and Ben was pulling at his ears. He has double ear infections as do I and I probably have walking pnemonia as well. As the mom, I do not have time to be sick... I was laying on the floor this morning trying to play with my kids and Conner came over and laid down next to me. He started stroking my hair and shhhhing me! Such a sweetie...

Even though Ben has ear infections, it doesn't slow him down at all. He ran out of the garage and made it almost to the end of our street before I was able to grab him... Not cool...

This morning Conner saw me putting something in his backpack and he said "go school?" I told him he didn't have school today. He thought about that and then said "go Hy-Vee?" I smiled and told him some other day. He then said "morrow?" He is a smart one...

At the doctor's office this morning, the doctor walked in with an Iowa sweatshirt on. Ben looked at his own Iowa shirt and yelled "Hawkeyes!" Another smart one...

I honestly don't remember the last time I have ever been this sick. Nick was able to come home by noon today to take care of all of us. He has done everything all day long for all of us. He is quite a guy... Thanks Honey!

No comments: