"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday Morning Sales!

Well, it was bound to happen... my tv that I was so proud of in our bedroom, that I had gotten at a garage sale for $10 finally quit on us.  Its demise was assisted by our son Conner who has an insane button fetish and can't seem to keep his little hands away from any buttons whatsoever.  So, whether it was Conner who finally caused my little tv to stop working or the fact that I paid only $10 for it, the point is the same... We needed a new tv for our bedroom.  It has become a part of our morning routine.  When the boys wake up, they can come into my room, wake me up and watch a disney show while I steal a few more minutes of shut eye.  Without the tv all week, it has been brutal because they have been running around the house instead of coming in to get me first, so on Saturday morning, the priority was to get a new tv!  And yes, I wanted to get one at a garage sale so we wouldn't have to spend too much money.  I knew going into it that it might be a tad unpleasant.  Garage saling with my 2 favorite monsters didn't sound like a particularly fabulous time, but desperate times call for desperate measures...  We made it to about 4 different sales.  Conner was a rock star...  he walked into all those garages with one thing on his mind, finding a new tv!  He walked around all the tables, telling me, "No tv yet Mommy!"  But he never gave up, and it paid off because we were able to find a very nice looking tv, very similar to the one that we had lost, and the best part is that it was only $10!!!!  Success!  Ben was not too fond of our outing... I know because he whined and complained almost the entire time.  But to be fair, a lot of that was because at our very first stop, he had fallen and had skinned his knee a little.  This usually doesn't phase our little daredevil, but it sure did bother him this time.  Until, that is, I announced that after we found our new tv, we would celebrate with a trip to the park.  Miraculously, his knee felt fine after that...  So, my conclusion is that I now know that Conner could be my future garage saling buddy and that Ben, most likely, will not be.  But we'll see...  you never know...

No comments: