"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Reflections...

Watching the boys play today, I can't help but reflect on how far they have come!  I am sad that they are growing so fast and that it is time to move on to kindergarten, but I know it's time.  They are ready even if I am not.  I will miss our afternoons together.  I think that's the saddest part, just realizing that they will be spending more and more time away from me.  They continue to be my biggest challenge and my greatest joy!

















Conner...  what a smile you have!  You have mastered the art of charming people.  You are so friendly and genuinely care about the people around you.  I love that you continue to be my snuggler.  I still need it!  You are a cautious one.  Always thinking...  And wow, are you persistent!  Giving up on something is not an option for you.  If you don't get the response or result you want, you keep at it until you do!  You love your music and you are hilarious when you are in a dancing mood.  You care so much about your hair and your clothes that I love showing you new outfits because you get so excited!  You love playing outside but you have also developed a liking for the Wii and constantly ask to have a race in the basement.  You are full of surprises!  I know you will do great in kindergarten.  I just love you so much! 

Ben...  you make everyone around you feel so good because of how caring and complimentary you are.  Your vocabulary astounds me and every once in a while you throw out a new word or saying that makes you sound 10 instead of just 5!  You definitely have become a jokester and love to make people laugh.  Your energy continues to amaze us... and exhaust us! You have become a bit more cautious this last year, but I would still call you our little daredevil.  You continue to love being outside and you would spend every waking moment outside if we would let you!  You have gotten so smart and are constantly asking questions about everything!  The skills you have learned this past year amaze me and I know that you will be awesome in kindergarten.  I love you so much!

We are going to have a great summer break!  I know there might be some not so smooth days, but all I have to remember is that in August, I will lose some of my time with my boys so I am going to soak it all up now.  It's hard moving on... accepting the changes I am not ready for... but I will do it.  I'll do it because my guys are the world to me and they are ready to grow up just a little bit more.  Just a little... just a little...

No comments: