"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

ER Visits...

There are several words that I could use to describe the last three days, but none of them are very positive... So, I have been trying to think of how I want to describe our two boys that bring such love and happiness to our lives.  They are smart, funny, kind, energetic, full of life, excited about everything, loving, curious, friendly, and so much more, but maybe, most importantly, they are fighters and survivors at such a young age.  They see the good in so many situations, that I, as an adult, struggle to do.  When an obstacle is placed in front of them, they look past it quickly and figure out ways to get around it.  They are nothing short of amazing and I am just so lucky that I get to call them mine.  

On Sunday, Conner was having breathing problems.  We tried everything we could, but we just couldn't stay ahead with meds and breathing treatments.  I took him to the ER and after some oxygen, more meds, and more breathing treatments, his blood oxygen level  increased enough that we were able to go home that night.  He charmed all of the doctors and nurses and he walked out of there with a few new toys and a brand new nebulizer!  He stayed home from school on Monday so we could continue the breathing treatments and so he could get some extra rest.  

On Monday afternoon, while I was home with Conner, I got the call I have been dreading for three years.  Ben had a seizure at school...  We are so extraordinarily lucky to be surrounded by people at school that truly love our boys and would do anything for them.  I feel awful that the people closest to Ben had to witness something so scary.  I raced to school with Conner, and someone immediately grabbed him and kept him busy while I watched Ben try to wake up from something that I had hoped would never happen again.  I was able to ride in the ambulance with Ben because I knew that Conner was taken care of.  Nick arrived before the ambulance left so he got Conner and they met us at the hospital.  Ben finally woke up really good in the ambulance when we almost got to the hospital and I was so relieved that he was able to recognize me.  The doctor wasn't able to find anything else wrong with Ben, so we will be adjusting his medication dosage, hoping that will take care of the issue.  It was hard to see Ben like this again, especially since it has been so long.  It was a very scary day, but Ben is doing great for now.  He keeps telling me that he's fine and I know he is wondering why I keep asking him!

Thank you to everyone for all the thoughts and prayers for our boys.  We appreciate all of the support! Both boys are doing good and we are hoping for no more ER visits for a while!!!

No comments: