"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Growing Up...

Nick and I were trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight. Neither of us had too much energy left after a hectic day! Ben came into the kitchen and said, "Well, I think we should go out to eat.  We haven't done that in a while! "  Nick and I looked at each other... I said, "Where would we go?"  Ben's reply was Chili's, of course, because he loves the quesadillas there, but we reminded him that we had made our own quesadillas already this week.  Ben said, "Well then, I think it would be a good idea to go to Red Robin!"  He was so convinced and so serious about it that we just couldn't resist.  So we headed to Red Robin, where I assumed we would get the boys their chicken strips or macaroni, as usual.  The boys surprised us by actually looking at the menu (before they even started coloring) and they both chose their own meal.  Ben wanted a cheeseburger with fries.  Conner wanted spaghetti (with no red sauce!) and some oranges.  I was just amazed at how much they have changed and how grown up they seemed in that moment.  They both ate all their dinner and thanked us several times for taking them out to eat!  Nick and I were so proud of our big boys!

No comments: