"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Catching Up..

Finally... I can sit down and hear myself think... we have had a very busy morning and somehow the boys still weren't tired enough to nap right after lunch! (even though Ben was up for over an hour again during the night) True to form, they refused to lay down in their beds and take a nap so I hauled them back to their high chairs where they fell asleep after about 10 minutes! The tricky thing is the transfer... doesn't always go well but I am determined to have them nap in their beds so I took the chance... luckily today, it worked and Conner and Ben are now sleeping peacefully in their room! The high chairs have become a very important tool in getting them to fall asleep since this is the last place that they can't escape from (yet)!!! I know it will keep getting better as they get more used to the new beds. I used to think I was one of the most patient people but lately, I am realizing that I may not be!!! I'm not going to complain though because at least they are active and healthy little guys today and I am so thankful for that...
We are all doing well here, despite a lack of sleep. Ben is having a hard time sleeping through the night all of a sudden and we are wondering if he is having some fears related to the hospital stays so we are doing our best to make him feel safe and be patient with him. He really wants to know where Nick and I are at all times! He made it until 3am last night so hopefully it will keep getting better! I was reminded this week of what a wonderful husband I have... he has helped out soooo much with everything lately - especially Ben at night... I am a very lucky woman!

Here are a few pictures that we've taken in the last couple days!
I think Conner's Bud Light hat is what really makes this a great picture...!
On Wednesday, Ben napped on the living room floor again...
We made a Target run on Wed. and of course got tons of stuff that were not on our list. We saw this tunnel and decided to get it for the kids. They had a really good time with it yesterday!
Today we had a good time putting up Toy Story and Cars stcickers in the boys' room! Some of them are glow in the dark so we'll see how that works out tonight...
Have a great day!!!

No comments: