"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Not exactly what we planned...

Okay... so I take back the whole kids-free weekend thing because as we have grown all too accustomed to... our plans took a backseat to our first priority, our children, and specifically our Ben... As Nick and I were just about to go out for the evening on Saturday my dad called saying that Ben had had a seizure... I am going to focus on the good news here - - he recovered from it very quickly and wasn't having any trouble breathing... very good things! I am so sorry that my parents had to witness Ben in that state, but I am incredibly thankful that I have two parents who knew exactly what to do! They did everything right and I suppose it was bound to happen at some point that Ben would have a seizure without Nick or me there with him.

Our children have been such a true blessing to us. Not only to Nick and me, but our entire family... tonight as I am sitting here, writing, thinking, and praying, I am also listening to the sweet sound of my boys sleeping contently... Tonight I just thank God that I have been blessed with so much and I thank my parents for taking care of our baby in a very scary situation! I don't understand why Ben has to go through this right now, but I definitely have enough faith to know that we can be strong and keep praying that hopefully in the near future we can find some kind of answer so that this doesn't have to happen so frequently. Would you throw a prayer up for Ben as you read this... we're gonna get this figured out yet! There is no keeping our boy down! That's for sure!!! He has way too much stuff to do to slow down!

1 comment:

amy lou. said...

i have a friend i went to high school with who has a daughter that also has seizures. if you want me to, i can get in contact with her and find out what kinds of things they do/did, who they saw for doctors, what kinds of methods they have tried, etc. it might just be nice to have someone to talk to who is going through the same things you are!! as always, you are in my constant thoughts and prayers. missing you all!