"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, November 25, 2013

Funnies...

On Friday evening, while we were waiting for Daddy to bring a pizza home, I heard Ben, "Hey Con, you wanna take our shirts off?" Conner responded with a very enthusiastic, "Yeah, let's do it!"  So, here they are...
 

Our boys are definitely getting to the point where their attitudes are standing out and, wow, they are taking every opportunity lately to show us how grown up they are and they have something to say about everything!  It has got me thinking about a few funny moments lately so I thought I would share some of my favorites in the last couple of days... or at least those that I can remember...
  • We were sitting at the kitchen table and we were asking the boys what they might want for Christmas.  Ben quickly responded with, "I don't need presents, I just want my family!"  My heart melted a little...
  • Conner and Ben were having one of their little spats and finally I heard Ben say, "Con, you have a bad attitude!"  Conner responded back with, "Ignore me!"  I had a good giggle...
  • We almost never go to WalMart, but we caved and went to look at potential Christmas ideas.  Nick, Ben, and I were a couple aisles away from Conner.  We were asking him to follow us, but he had apparently found something more interesting.  By the time he realized that we had moved on (don't worry, not too far!) he came running out of the aisle he was in, yelling, "You lost me, you lost me!"  He proceeded to have a little fit...
  • We were at Culvers one night and Ben was talking to Nick about something.  Nick got up to go get something and Ben yelled after him, "Okay, so we'll talk later then?"  It was pretty funny...
  • Lastly, I was in the basement cleaning the other day and I tripped on a toy so I must have yelled "ow!"  Ben heard me upstairs and he yells down to me, "Hold on Mom, I'm coming!" Then he says, "Con, Mom is in danger, we have to help her.  Let's go!" A minute later they both came thundering down the stairs, squirt guns in hand.  I can always count on them to protect me!

No comments: