"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, December 31, 2010

Thoughts to End the Year...

Lessons, Resolutions, Other Stuff Like That...

I always thought I was a patient person... Sadly, I no longer believe this to be true! That's something I need to work on.

Even when my kids are driving me crazy, I can remember what it feels like when they are sick, seizing, struggling to breathe, or in the hospital. And I thank God that they are able to tear around the house (frustrating me!) without a care in the world.

It's okay that we can't go out and party on New Years Eve... there's always next year... or maybe in a few years... well... maybe in about 15 years...

It is an amazing feeling and responsibility to know that there are people in this life that depend on you for everything...

I am so excited for the future... to watch my kids grow into men... I just wish the "future" would take its time. Don't go so fast... I don't want to miss anything!

Family is key.

It's okay to look forward to your children's naptime. Sanity is very important for a mom.

God is love... and I am surrounded by it!

There has got to be a better way to wake up in the morning than to be jarred out of my slumber by two screaming kids who are fighting, running around, throwing anything they can get their hands on, and flipping the light on and off constantly. I am determined to find a better way...

A good husband is someone who loves you the most on the days when you haven't had the energy to change out of your sweats, put makeup on, or get dinner on the table. I'm glad I found a good one...

2010 introduced us to a series of new conerns. Our children's health... scary stuff... Hopefully 2011 can bring us some answers and solutions.

Fear is a hard one to overcome... my own personal struggle is ongoing...
I found this poem in my journal from two years ago. I can't remember where I found it first, but I'm glad I found it again...

His Unfailing Presence
Another year I enter
Its history unknown;
Oh, how my feet would tremble
To tread its paths alone!
But I have heard a whisper,
I know I shall be blest;
"My presence shall go with thee,
and I will give thee rest."
What will the new year bring me?
I may not, must not know;
Will it be love and rapture,
Or loneliness and woe?
Hush! Hush! I hear his whisper;
I surely shall be blest;
"My presence shall go with thee,
and I will give thee rest."

I wish everyone a very blessed New Year...

No comments: