"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, July 18, 2011

Pirate Sighting!

 I wanted to write about our pirate sighting today so that we will always remember it!  I was at HyVee shopping with the little boys.  We turned a corner and there he was, a nice old man with an eye patch.  The boys sucked in their breath and yelled "PIRATE!"  They pointed at him and said "Look Mommy, a pirate, arrrrrggggg...!"  So I quickly exited that aisle, continuing on to the next, hoping I would remember to go back later.  And wouldn't you know it, we saw that "pirate" at least 4 more times before we were finally done shopping.  Everytime the boys would spot the man, they would point, scream, and then turn to me and ask, "What's that pirate doing here?"  I answered them the only way I could think of saying, "Well, guys, pirates have to eat too!"  

After our exciting morning, a mediocre lunch, a decent nap, and a thermometer that read 97, we settled in the air conditioned house to work on our painting and cutting. 
  

No comments: