"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, November 15, 2012

For Future Reference...

Driving home from an appointment today, we passed a car lot and this was the conversation that followed...

Me:  Ooh, look at that nice red mustang.  When you guys grow up will you buy Mom a nice red mustang?
Conner:  Sure Mom!
Ben:  Yes, I will buy you a new car.  You want red?
Me:  Or black...
Ben:  I'm on it, Mommy!
Me:  Thanks guys.  What kind of cars do you want?
Ben:  A bulldozer, maybe a red one...
Conner:  I want a crane!
Me:  What would you do with a bulldozer and a crane?
Ben:  I will build 2 houses.
Me:  Who will live in the 2 houses?
Ben:  You, of course!
Me:  But who will live in the second one?
Ben:  Daddy!
Me:  Won't Daddy live with Mommy?
Ben: .... oh yeah... me and Conner will live in the other one right by you!
Conner:  Yeah!
Me:  That sounds perfect!
Ben:  Yep.  I just need that bulldozer... and a dumptruck...

The conversation continued, but turned sour when I told Ben that he would not be getting a bulldozer today.  The important part, however, is the part about how my boys are going to live right next to me.  I just wanted that part recorded for future reference....

No comments: