"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Blissful Potential...

Yesterday morning was, in a word, blissful. Thursday morning was my own private version of hell complete with a closet door on the floor, broken decor, socks and shoes flung everywhere, furniture moved out from the wall, etc... As you probably have already guessed, this was not the result of one of Nick's tantrums, but one of my childrens' wild mornings where they seem to go a bit crazy. So... on Thursday night I had a conversation with Ben and Con about how when they wake up in the morning, there is no touching the closet or the table in their room. I talked to them about how when they wake up they can sit in their bean bags or on their comfy couch if they want to get out of their beds so bad. I told them that if Mommy wasn't up yet, then they could stick their little heads over the gate into the hallway and tell Mommy to "wake up!" Ben repeated almost our whole conversation back to me so I was content knowing that at least one of them had actually listened and hopeful that Friday morning would start out better.

On Friday morning, I woke up to Ben at the gate whispering "wake up Mommy!" And that's it... no closet door banging to the ground, no screaming Conner, no visions of things being flung out of their room. It... was... AMAZING. I finally got a glimpse of what our morning could be like!!! Our day was wonderful and Ben was very proud of himself for listening to Mommy! I'm not sure if Conner really cared but I know he had to appreciate the fact that I was in a much better mood at breakfast time! The potential is there... it is possible to start out the day calmly and not be flung into the chaos the second I wake up! Knowing that is a great feeling...

Today the guys were slightly more amped, but no destruction occurred! Conner has decided that it is very fun to jump off of things now and he spent much of the morning jumping off his bed, the couch, and anything else he could find. Luckily he has not been hurt... yet...

We have kept busy today building forts with couch cushions and blankets and watching for pirates! (Ben's idea!)











Now on to one of my favorite times of the day... yep... naptime...

No comments: