"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, February 14, 2011

Comfort...

Today is the fifth day in a row that I have had no time to myself... no school for Ben means no "me time" in the morning and children who refuse to nap (probably because of all the steroids they are taking for their little lungs) means no "me time" in the afternoon. This does not bode well for us, but I swallowed ny frustration and tried to make the most of our afternoon! As I sat playing with my kids this afternoon, I felt my ear pop and felt instant pain. (A trip to the doctor tonight confirmed that I have a raging ear infection... nice...) So as I sat on the floor with my hands over my head, Ben came right over to me and whispered, "It's okay, Mommy. I'm right here. I got you. It's okay. I got you." Sweet words from my sweet boy who has heard these words countless times from Mommy and Daddy. Conner (after poking my face with one of his toys and running away) came back over to me after Ben had offered his words of comfort, and licked the entire side of my face... Apparently they have very different ways of comforting me!

No comments: