"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, April 15, 2011

Remembering....

I was remembering when....

  • I was convinced that the boys were never going to walk by themselves!  They were so shaky for so long!  Now I can't get them to stop running around the house.  They love taking walks outside with Daddy.  They don't like to be carried because they really want to walk "by self!"
  • We showed the boys how it was fun to play in the bathtub and splash around!  Now we would give anything to get them to STOP splashing!  They have even been to sentenced to separate bath times for a while!
  • I could keep all of their attention during meal times because I was the one feeding them.  Now I still do more than my fair share of feeding them but for behavior reasons, not because they're just not coordinated enough yet!
  • I marveled at how tiny their fingers and toes were.
  • They would snuggle with me forever, or so it seemed.  Now I'm lucky to get a few moments in a row!
  • They relied on me for every single little thing.  They become more independent everyday and frequently tell me when I move to help them, "no Mommy, I do self."
  • I would leave the room and know that they would roll around safely on the floor.  The second I leave the room now, I have two followers who will go anywhere I lead them!
  • We would have movie night and the guys would just play quietly around us.  Now they run around stealing our pizza and yelling at the tv when it gets to a loud part!
  • They believed everything I said... for example, if a toy wasn't working I would tell them that it was broken and Mommy or Daddy would have to fix it later.  Now I say something is broken and they immediately ask if it needs new batteries!  Then they get out their own tools to fix it!
  • I was nervous about starting them in school so young, now I'm a little worried about them NOT having school this summer!
It is always fun to look back... and so amazing and exciting to look forward! 

No comments: