"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, August 1, 2011

Thank You Nana and Gramps!

The boys spent last week with their Nana and Gramps in Bettendorf.  I joined them on Friday (thanks to my sister and brother-in-law who gave me a ride since our car was in the shop needing a whole new engine...grr..) and Nick joined us all on Saturday.  The boys had so much fun and we all had an incredible weekend!  Here are the boys all ready to go to Nana's last Sunday!


Nick and I really tried to take advantage of all of the free time last week!  We were able to go to restaurants that we usually avoid because of loud little ones.  We got to look at lots of houses with our realtor.  We went out to a movie and we even got to go party at our favorite bar.  It was a great time!!!  While we missed our guys a lot, we were so thankful for the (much needed) adult time!!!!


The kids had a lot of fun playing outside with the squirt guns!  On Saturday morning, my brother and brother-in-law ran in the Bix so some of us went down to watch, while the rest of us headed to the Children's Museum!  The boys love that place!  They constantly ask to go to the museum when we are in Bettendorf.  Gramps got a new plane for his birthday so the boys loved playing with that as well!







My mom, dad, brother, sister, and my sons all have July birthdays so some of the weekend was spent celebrating all the birthdays! 






















We are so thankful for our Nana and Gramps who always take such good care of Ben and Conner.  I really enjoyed the break, and I was so excited to see them again!  They got to do so many fun things and all they want to do since we've gotten home is go back to Nana's house! 

Thank you, Mom and Dad... I know it's a lot of work to have B and C there all week, but they enjoyed themselves sooooo much!  You make them very happy!  Nick and I really appreciate the fact that you both are always there for us!  Thank you for the week off and the very fun weekend!  We love you so much!

No comments: