"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012...

I always seem to have a little post holiday blues and this year is no exception.  Not only is all the excitement over, but now it's time to get back to normal, everyday life.

We had a very exciting and insanely busy 2012.  Moving to our new home took up most of our time!  We spent many hours unpacking, trying to decorate, then trying to think of what else we could do with our new space.  This new home has been such a blessing for us and we have thoroughly enjoyed the extra space and the excitement a brand new home brings.  Nick jokes that he would do it all over again and soon... I think we'll give it a decade or two... 

Being a mom continues to be my greatest joy and hardest task.  The boys have given me a run for my money this year, so to speak!  They are growing up and they have figured a lot out.  I know that somewhere along the way people told me that age 5 was wonderful and so much easier than 4.  I have yet to agree with this, but I suppose the boys still have half a year to prove or disprove that theory.  Everyday I am met with new challenges and with breath catching moments.  Both good and not so good... The great part is that the good always makes up for the not so good!  Having two five year old boys who have learned the art of ganging up on Mom is not easy and it doesn't always aid in my quest for sanity and peace, but it is my life.  I wouldn't change a thing...  I am so completely in love with my boys.

I don't like saying goodbye, even if it is just to a year.  I like looking ahead and imagining the future, but I don't necessarily embrace change.  I was talking to Nick the other day about how it was hard to move on to yet another year when the previous one went by so fast.  I said, "I hate change!"  Conner overheard me and marched over to me and said, "Mom, we don't hate anything.  That is not a nice word!"  I snickered having been reprimanded by my boy with my own words.   So, although I do not like resolutions, I will say that I will make more of an effort to not "hate" change in the coming year.  (Although, to be honest, we will have kindergarten to contend with this fall and I don't exactly see myself being happy about that huge change...)   I have other things on my mind, resolutions to some I suppose, but I read somewhere that if you want them to come true, you can't tell anyone... We will soon see what else 2013 has in store for us.














Happy New Year to our fantastic families and everyone who has followed us through another year!  I wish love, happiness, and peace to you all.

No comments: