"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, May 13, 2011

Beyond "Thank You"

How do you thank someone for doing something that goes so beyond the words "thank you?" Seriously, I am open to suggestions...  we are so thankful for everyone who helped and offered to help us out while Nick was in the hospital.  One of the few good things that you discover in an emergency is how lucky you are to have some pretty great people in your life.  Most of all, we are truly blessed to both have amazing parents that are always willing to help out.  The hardest part of the last week has been being away from our kids.  But you know what's great... I knew I didn't have to worry about them. And I didn't.  Everytime I heard their joyous screams on the phone and everytime I saw their smiling faces on Skype I knew that they were not feeling any of the draining emotions that I was.  They were shielded from the scary reality and that put a smile on my face.  They were protected.  So, again, thank you Nana and Gramps for keeping our boys happy and safe.  I'm not sure what I can do to show you how much the past week has meant to us, but here's something I can promise in the meantime.  25 years from now, when one of our kids has an emergency and they need us to help them or their own children, we, too, will jump in and offer our protection.  No matter what the emergency, the time of day, the distance away, or the scariness of the situation, we will be there for them.  Thank you for continuing to show us how to be great parents.

No comments: