"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ready or Not...

I have no idea where the last year has gone, but this morning when I woke up (at 7am with the boys still sleeping!) I had to remind myself that today is the last day of preschool for my babies.  I don't know how it happened but we made it through their first year of preschool!  I'm still shaking my head in disbelief and remembering what their first day was like...

So when I looked at them today...

















... all dressed and ready to go to school, I remembered how hard it was that first day I had to leave them.  I realized that today is just as hard.  Their first year of preschool is over.  Tomorrow is their graduation.  I'm already crying just thinking about it!  How far my little men have come.  The things they have accomplished, the goals they have met, the progress they have made, and their many strengths overwhelm me.  This morning as I grabbed Conner's backpack to put it on him, he took it from me and said "I do it myself, Mommy!"  As we got into the van to go to school, I reached down to get Ben and he shrugged my hands away saying "No, Mom, I do myself!"  They love reminding me of how capable they are!  Just proof, I suppose, that a whole school year actually has come and gone...

I'm not sure if we are ready to attend our first graduation ceremony, but we I better get prepared because here it comes...

No comments: