"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Room with a View

I had a lot of time on my hands while I occupied the chair next to Nick's bed for four days in the hospital.  Lots of thoughts swimming around in my mind.... here's a sample from our "room with a view..." (which by the way was not nearly as nice a room as we are used to having in the children's section of the hospital!)












 

Seems like a good time to reflect... sitting here at my husband's side while he dozes fitfully and waits for his next round of pain medication.  What would I do without this man?  Well let's see...
  • I wouldn't have the two children God intended for me
  • I wouldn't have the understanding or experience of true love
  • I wonder if I would be able to laugh everyday as I do now
  • I would be alone
  • I would have no sense of direction (literally or figuratively)
  • I would not have a best friend
  • I would not have nearly as much fun as I do now
  • I would feel like there was something missing
  • I wouldn't have anyone to take such good care of me
  • He's my rock, not sure what I would do without that
Wow... I really need my guy to stick around for a while, let's make that forever...  I love you Nick.  I hope that you are back to your old tricks before we know what hit us. 

No comments: