"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, May 8, 2011

In the Hospital... with Nick...

On Friday night, Nick started having shooting pains in his right rib cage.  It was so intense that we quickly realized a trip to the emergency room was necessary.  We dropped the boys off at my aunt's and rushed to the ER.  After tests, the doctor concluded that Nick had an "early" pneumonia.  We got some antibiotics and pain meds and headed for home.  On Saturday morning, Nick was still in a lot of pain and his breathing was getting more shallow, so we made the trip back to the ER.  They admitted him in the afternoon and told us that the pneumonia had worsened drastically.  So... here we sit... Nana and Gramps came yesterday and took the boys home with them so we won't have to worry about the kids while we are here.  Nick's mom has been here to give me a couple of (much needed) breaks from the hospital.  Now Nick and I are settling in to spend another evening together in this place...

 on Mother's Day...

while I am sad that I can't hug my own kids, my mind is swimming with thoughts of how blessed we are to have our own mothers rushing to our aid.  Thank you Becky for sitting with our guy yesterday and today, so that I could have a few hours "off!"  Those couple hours of sleep this afternoon were so necessary!  Mom and Dad, there are no words to express my gratitude for dropping everything and taking our children to spend a couple of fun days with Nana and Gramps.  I know how hard it is and we appreciate all that you are doing for us so much. 

We will see what tomorrow brings...

No comments: