"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, August 19, 2013

Fantastic Day 1...

I got to see the boys eat their lunch in the lunch room today so that was fun!  It was great to see them and everyone that I ran into told me how well they were both doing today so that was awesome to hear!  When I got them home, I had expected them to be exhausted, however, that is not what happened!  They were still pretty wired!!!
 

















We did a little first day of school interview...



Ben wrote me a "love note!"  He told me that he really missed me so he drew a picture and put hearts on it "for love!"  So sweet...


















Conner was waiting for a little first day of school surprise...

















They each got a new truck and spent some time turning our house into a monster truck race track before dinner!

















After dinner we went out for ice cream to celebrate a successful first day of kindergarten for ALL of us!  It was really nice...  What a day!  I'm still going to have some sad moments , but I feel pretty good about the start we had today!  Man, I love these guys...

The boys brought home copies of their handprints with this poem:

It's my first day of kindergarten
And I'm thinking of you.
I made this precious handprint
So you'd think of me, too.

It's my first day of school
And "The Kissing Hand" is what we read.
It's about a raccoon
Who did just as his parents said.

Like the raccoon's first day of school
I was scared and a little shy.
But because of what you said
I was brave and I got by.

All through the year
I'll make more things for you.
So as I change and as I learn
You can witness my growth, too!

No comments: