"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, August 19, 2013

Kindergarten...

I have obviously known this day was coming for a while... the first day of kindergarten!  Excitement and dread (mostly excitement for them, dread for me...) has filled my heart this summer.  This is definitely something that I am not ready for, but as it is with life sometimes, I have no other choice but to swallow my sadness and try to embrace this change in our lives.  I will focus on the fact that Benjamin and Conner are two amazing kids who are extremely excited about this next step.  They will not see my tears today, they will only see my smile.  And when I go see them at lunchtime, (you didn't actually think I would go the whole first day without seeing them, did you?!) I will listen to their excitement and comfort them if they need it!  They will do great because that is what they do... 
 
Here's the first round of pictures for the day!!!  We obviously took lots at home and I even got a couple of them walking into their classrooms! 
 






 





I found this little poem (on Pinterest, of course) a while ago... I told myself that I wasn't going to look at it again until today.  I figured if I'm already crying, then why not?!  I miss them...

"I wonder what you're doing right now,
And if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person
A nice friend that you can find.

I wonder if the teacher knows
Just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
Is something she can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about me,
And if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
And how you give my leg a tug.

I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
For this is the first step in letting my baby go."

No comments: