"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Herky!

We went over to Dad's store today to check out all the tailgating stuff and to meet Herky!  We did this last year and the boys loved seeing Herky!  This year, Conner was the only one who posed for a picture... Ben refused and I wasn't going to fight him! So, Conner is very happy that he has his very own Herky picture!  The boys were quite a hit with the Hawkeye cheerleaders, too.  Conner and Ben can be quite the charmers...  On the way home, we were talking about how much fun it was to have cookies and milk outside, make their very own bracelets, and, of course, see Herky and the cheerleaders.  I told them that they both did a great job of staying with me and were very good boys!  I told Conner that I was so excited that he got his picture taken with Herky.  Ben had told me earlier that he was scared of Herky and that's why he didn't want to get too close to him.  I said something about how it was too bad he didn't get his picture taken today.  He looked thoughtful for a moment and said to me, "Well, it is what it is, Mommy..."   I guess so...  (I laughed half the way home!)  So here is brave Conner with Herky!



As we are approaching quiet time and finishing lunch, both boys look tired from their morning at Daddy's store.  Conner just told me how tired he is and Ben added, "Those cheerleaders really tired me out!"  Not sure how they did that, but okay...

No comments: