"The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Off Day...

Today the boys already got a day off from school!  Half of the kindergarteners started yesterday and the other half started today.  Tomorrow will be the first day that all of them get to go together, so the boys and I enjoyed a leisurely morning.  This was good... and bad...
 
Hard things about today:
1.  It just reminded me of how much I miss them when they are not here.
2.  It also reminded me of how big of a change this all is for us.  I feel that sadness creeping back up:(
3.  I have a little nervousness about tomorrow since they will have a full class of kids.
4.  We are down one bicycle... Ben's bike is in need of a part that broke so the boys had to share one bike.  Hard to do...
 
Great things about today:
1.  Duh. I got to spend the whole day with my two favorite six year olds.
2.  I got to hear and see how much they actually did miss me yesterday.  They spent a nice part of the morning just sitting with me and needing to be wherever I was!  Yep, they missed me...
3.  I got to watch them play and "create" outside. 
4.  Conner just wanted to sit with me outside for a while.
5.  I got to watch Ben figure out how to attach two trikes together and then I got to watch as he convinced Conner to get on one so Ben could pull him around with the other.  This did not work exactly as Ben had planned.  The rope he was using actually ended up breaking in half.  It was pretty funny...
6.  Today made me think about how I will appreciate our Saturday mornings when we can just lounge around and cuddle together!
7.  I didn't cry until the kids went to bed!!! Ugh, maybe this should go in the "hard things about today" list...
 
 


No comments: